A Handbook is one document of the series of ECSS Documents intended to be used as supporting material for ECSS Standards in space projects and applications. ECSS is a cooperative effort of the European Space Agency, national space agencies and European industry associations for the purpose of developing and maintaining common standards.
It is prepared by a dedicated ECSS Working Group, reviewed by the ECSS Executive Secretariat and approved by the ECSS Technical Authority.
ECSS does not provide any warranty whatsoever, whether expressed, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or any warranty that the contents of the item are error-free. In no respect shall ECSS incur any liability for any damages, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of, resulting from, or in any way connected to the use of this Standard, whether or not based upon warranty, business agreement, tort, or otherwise; whether or not injury was sustained by persons or property or otherwise; and whether or not loss was sustained from, or arose out of, the results of, the item, or any services that may be provided by ECSS.
By downloading ECSS documents from this site, you agree to the terms and conditions of the ECSS License Agreement / Disclaimer.
Therefore, If you do not agree with such terms and conditions do not download the files.
Following ECSS Handbooks have been published (click on hyperlink to access documents).
- ECSS-E-HB-10-02A – Verification guidelines (17 December 2010)
- ECSS-E-HB-10-12A – Calculation of radiation and its effects and margin policy handbook (17 December 2013)
- ECSS-E-HB-11A – Technology readiness level (TRL) guidelines (1 March 2017)
- ECSS-E-HB-20-02A – Li-ion battery testing handbook (1 October 2015)
- ECSS-E-HB-20-05A – High voltage engineering and design handbook (12 December 2012)
- ECSS-E-HB-20-07A – Electromagnetic compatibility handbook (5 September 2012)
- ECSS-E-HB-20-20A – Guidelines for electrical design and interface requirements for power supply (15 April 2016)
- ECSS-E-HB-31-01 Part 1A to 16A – Thermal design handbook (5 December 2011)
- ECSS-E-HB-31-03A – Thermal analysis handbook (15November2016)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-20 Part 1A to Part 8A – Structural materials handbook (20 March 2011)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-21A: Adhesive bonding handbook (20 March 2011)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-22A: Insert design handbook (20 March 2011)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-23A: Threaded fasteners handbook (16 April 2010)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-24A – Buckling of structures (24 March 2010)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-25A: Mechanical shock design and verification handbook (14 July 2015)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-26A: Spacecraft mechanical loads analysis handbook (19 February 2013)
- ECSS-E-HB-40A – Software engineering handbook (11 December 2013)
- ECSS-E-HB-50A – Communications guidelines (18 November 2008)
- ECSS-E-HB-60-10A – Control performance guidelines (14 December 2010)
- ECSS-E-HB-60A – Control engineering handbook (14 December 2010)
- ECSS-Q-HB-30-01A – Worst case analysis (14 January 2011)
- ECSS-Q-HB-30-03A – Human dependability handbook (14 July 2015)
- ECSS-Q-HB-30-08A – Components reliability data sources and their use (14 January 2011)
- ECSS-Q-HB-60-02A – Techniques for radiation effects mitigation in ASICs and FPGAs handbook (1 September 2016)
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-01A – Reuse of existing software (5 December 2011)
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-02 Part 1A – Software process assessment and improvement – Part 1: Framework (8 October 2010)
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-02 Part 2A – Software process assessment and improvement – Part 2: Assessor instrument (8 October 2010)
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-03A – Software dependability and safety (26 January 2012)
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-04A – Software metrication handbook (30 March 2011)