This Standard has been superseded by ECSS-E-ST-10-03C (1 June 2012)
a. This Standard,
1. provides standard environmental and performance test requirements for a space system and its constituents.
2. defines the test requirements for products and systems that are generally applicable to all projects. It also defines the documentation associated with testing activities.
3. applies to all types and combinations of project, organization and product.
4. is applicable to space systems and its constituents as defined in ECSS-E-00 Space engineering — Policy and principles.
5. covers each stage of verification by testing, as defined by ECSS-E-10-02, for a space system from development to post-landing.
b. This Standard does not:
1. define acceptance criteria, specifications or procedures for any particular project or class of projects.
NOTE These and other detailed test requirements applicable to a particular project are defined in the applicable technical specifications and statement of work.
2. cover the following:
- sounding rockets,
- launch facilities,
- test facilities,
- training facilities and ground refurbishment,
- logistic facilities, and
- engine testing.
The requirements defined in this Standard should be tailored to match the requirements of the particular profile and circumstances of a project.
NOTE Tailoring is a process by which individual requirements or specifications, standards and related documents are evaluated and made applicable to a specific project by selection, and in some exceptional cases, modification of existing or addition of new requirements.
This Standard should be used in combination with the ECSS-E-10-02. In particular, when tailored, it can become the Test Requirement Specification applicable to the specific project (see ECSS-E-10-02 for details).