This Standard has been cancelled and superseded by ECSS-E-ST-10C Rev.1 (15 February 2017
Specific objectives of this standard are:
- to implement the system engineering requirements to ensure a firm technical basis and to minimize technical risk and cost for space systems and space products development;
- to specify the essential system engineering tasks, their objectives and outputs;·
- to implement integration and control of engineering disciplines and lower level systems engineering work;
- to implement the “customer–system–supplier model” through the development of systems and products for space applications.
Through the document and its annexes the requirements however apply as they are to complex systems only; for lower level elements tailoring will be necessary.
Specific requirements related to systems engineering, like functional analysis, technical specification, verification, and testing are specified in dedicated documents and standards within the set of ECSS system engineering standards ECSS-E-10-XX.
The applicability of each these standards can therefore not be considered in isolation from the others.
NOTE 1 Discipline, is defined in ECSS-M-ST-10, as “a specific area of expertise within a general subject”. The name of the discipline normally indicates the type of expertise, e.g. in the ECSS system mechanical engineering, software and communications are disciplines within the engineering domain.
Change Requests to this Standard exits. For details visit the ECSS Change Request database
Userid: public-reader, password: public
This Standard cancels and replaces ECSS-E-10 Part 1B (18 November 2004) and ECSS-E-10-05A (13 April 1999).
It also cancels and replaces the material specific to engineering of ECSS-E-00A (19 April 1996).
This standard is supported by the following ECSS Technical Memorandum:
- ECSS-E-TM-10-10A – Logistics engineering (16 April 2010)
- ECSS-E-TM-10-20A – Product data exchange (16 April 2010)
- ECSS-E-TM-10-21A – System modelling and simulation (16 April 2010)
- ECSS-E-TM-10-23A – Space system data repository (25 November 2011)
- ECSS-E-TM-10-25A – Engineering design model data exchange (CDF) (20 October 2013)