This Standard has been cancelled and replaced by ECSS-M-00B (29 August 2003).
This standard is designed to facilitate the elaboration of a management system which is cost effective, appropriate to the project in which it is implemented, compatible with the actors existing structures and which has the flexibility to adapt to changing needs throughout all the phases of an evolving project, and to new projects.
It defines the scope and interfaces of this discipline with the activities relative to the domains of Engineering and Product Assurance which are addressed in the Engineering (E) and Product Assurance (Q) branches of the ECSS system, and explains how they are to be interrelated to ensure customer satisfaction.
The set of related standards apply to all the actors for the execution of a space pro-ject.
- presents and describes the documents generated by ECSS for conducting the managerial and technical activities associated with the deployment and execution of space projects,
- defines the basic management rules for the execution of space projects,
- defines the applicability of these rules to all the actors in these projects, including Space Agencies, Industry, Scientific Laboratories, etc.,
- identifies project requirements without imposing a particular organisational structure on the actors.
- proposes how these requirements can be tailored to specific project needs.