This Standard has been cancelled and replaced by ECSS-E-ST-35-06C Rev 1 (15 Nov 2008).
- defines design requirements which allow for cleaning of propulsion components sub-systems and systems and which avoid generation or unwanted collection of contamination,
- identifies cleanliness requirements (e.g. which particle / impurity / wetness level can be tolerated),
- defines requirements on cleaning to comply with the cleanliness level requirements, and the requirements on verification,
- identifies the cleanliness approach, cleaning requirements, (e.g. what needs to be done to ensure the tolerable level is not exceeded, compatibility requirements),
- identifies, specifies and defines the requirements regarding conditions under which cleaning or cleanliness verification takes place (e.g. compatibility, check after environmental test).
The standard is applicable to the most commonly used propulsion systems and their related storable propellant combinations: Hydrazine (N2H4), Mono Methyl Hydrazine (CH3N2H3), MON (Mixed Oxides of Nitrogen), Nitrogen (N2), Helium (He), Propane (C3H8), Butane (C4H10) and Xenon (Xe).
Md5 checksum .doc file = AE0AF63D62377CC78A28DA30EF6A4B0A
Md5 checksum .pdf file = 3FBED9240E1F8005CBD86EA725EC6A30