The European Cooperation for Space Standardization is an initiative established to develop a coherent, single set of user-friendly standards for use in all European space activities
July 2019: ECSS Glossary mobile apps available from iOS and Android store and ECSS Glossary Plugin for MS Word available from Microsoft Appstore
ECSS eGlossary App
Download for Android app | Download for iOS app
Microsoft Office Word Plugin
Download the Microsoft Office Word Plugin
Latest published ECSS documents:
- ECSS-E-ST-32-10C Rev.2 Corr.1 – Structural factors of safety for spaceflight hardware (1 August 2019)
- ECSS-U-ST-20C – Space sustainability – Planetary protection (1 August 2019)
- ECSS-Q-ST-60-14C Rev.1 – Relifing procedure – EEE components (1 August 2019)
- ECSS-E-HB-20-21A – Guidelines for electrical design and interface requirements for actuators (15 May 2019)
- ECSS-E-HB-20-06A – Assessment of space worst case charging handbook (15 May 2019)
- ECSS-E-ST-60-20C Rev.2 – Star sensor terminology and performance specification (15 May 2019)
- ECSS-E-ST-50-12C Rev.1 – SpaceWire – Links, nodes, routers and networks (15 May 2019)
- ECSS-E-ST-50-11C – SpaceFibre – Very high-speed serial link (15 May 2019)
- ECSS-E-ST-32-10C Rev.2 – Structural factors of safety for spaceflight hardware (15 May 2019)
- ECSS-E-ST-20-21C – Electrical design and interface requirements for actuators (15 May 2019)
Ongoing Public Reviews:
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-61C: Public Review from 27 March – 24 May 2019 (extended until 7 June 2019) nd Request to provide photographs of workmanship standards
- ECSS-E-ST-10-04C-Rev.1-DIR1: Public Review from 14 March – 10 May 2019
- ECSS-E-HB-20-01A-DIR1 : Public review from 27 February – 26 April 2019
- ECSS-E-ST-20-01C-DIR1 : Public review from 27 February – 26 April 2019
- ECSS-E-ST-40-07C-DIR1: Public Review (24 September 2018 – 31 January 2019)
- ECSS-Q-ST-60-14C Rev.1 DIR1: Public Review (21 September – 19 November 2018)
- ECSS-E-HB-20-21A-DIR1: Electrical design and interface requirements for actuators handbook (Public Review: 3 July – 28 September 2018)
ECSS Training sessions
The next ECSS Training sessions are scheduled from 14-16 October 2019.
For details and LiveStream link see –> ESA Training Calendar for ECSS Training site.
Recordings of ECSS Training sessions held in the past be replayed via the ESA LiveStream website.
Update your password / Login problems
In June 2019 a new user database was created that Due to data protection needs and addition of new capabilities on the ECSS website a new user database was created. To be able to further access the ECSS website you need to update your password using following Link:
LINK –> change your password
NOTE: Your login name is from now on your E-Mail Address
After having filled out the form you will receive an e-mail from the ECSS Secretariat with as subject line “[European Cooperation for Space Standardization] Password Reset”
In case of problems please us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register to the ECSS website use –> Register to new ECSS Website.
If the problem persists please send an e-mail to the ECSS Secretariat.