This Standard defines the mechanical engineering requirements for structural engineering. It specifies the requirements to be considered in all engineering aspects of structures: requirement definition and specification, design, development, verification, production, in-service and eventual disposal.
The Standard applies to all general structural subsystem aspects of space products including: launch vehicles, transfer vehicles, re-entry vehicles, spacecraft, landing probes and rovers, sounding rockets, payloads and instruments, and structural parts of all subsystems.
Md5 checksum .doc file = 3004526596558587A8A36E8724BC5659
Md5 checksum .pdf file = 37B5921E630BFDAD2E524C29FC4A93E6
This standard is supported by the following ECSS Handbooks:
- ECSS-HB-32-20 Part 1A to Part 8A – Structural materials handbook (20 March 2011)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-21A – Adhesive bonding handbook (20 March 2011)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-22A – Insert design handbook (20 March 2011)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-23A – Threaded fasteners handbook (16 April 2010)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-24A – Buckling of structures (24 March 2011)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-25A – Mechanical shock design and verification handbook (14 July 2015)
- ECSS-E-HB-32-26A – Spacecraft mechanical loads analysis handbook (19 February 2013)
This Standard cancels and replaces ECSS-E-ST-32C (31 July 2008).