- defines design requirements which allow for cleaning of propulsion components sub-systems and systems and which avoid generation or unwanted collection of contamination,
- identifies cleanliness requirements (e.g. which particle / impurity / wetness level can be tolerated),
- defines requirements on cleaning to comply with the cleanliness level requirements, and the requirements on verification,
- identifies the cleanliness approach, cleaning requirements, (e.g. what needs to be done to ensure the tolerable level is not exceeded, compatibility requirements),
- identifies, specifies and defines the requirements regarding conditions under which cleaning or cleanliness verification takes place (e.g. compatibility, check after environmental test).
The standard is applicable to the most commonly used propulsion systems and their related storable propellant combinations: Hydrazine (N2H4), Mono Methyl Hydrazine (CH3N2H3), MON (Mixed Oxides of Nitrogen), Nitrogen (N2), Helium (He), Propane (C3H8), Butane (C4H10) and Xenon (Xe).
Md5 checksum .doc file = 85BD11244C25838A40D7E1B3FF35C6F8
Md5 checksum .pdf file = 194F3A2EFB6926870250E90B324438E4
This Standard cancels and replaces ECSS-E-35-06C (31 July 2008).