This Standard has been cancelled and replaced by ECSS-M-ST-60C (31 July 2008).
The requirements specified herein apply to, and affect the customer and supplier at all levels. These requirements, as tailored in the project specific requirement documents, are applicable to any actor in a space project.
When viewed from the perspective of a specific project context, the requirements defined in this Standard should be tailored to match the genuine requirements of a particular profile and circumstances of the project.
NOTE Tailoring is a process by which individual requirements or specifications, standards and related documents are evaluated and made applicable to a specific project by selection, and in some exceptional cases, modification of existing or addition of new requirements.
The main evolutions between the present version and the previous one (ECSS M 60A), published on 19 April 1996, are:
- Functional analysis diagrams have been included, where relevant.
- Cost and schedule management principles have been further developed, providing a detailed description of their constituent elements.
- The document has been restructured in order to maintain a clear correspondence between the descriptive clauses (i.e. 4, 5 and 6) and requirement clauses (i.e. 7, 8 and 9).
- New requirements have been introduced (total of 65 requirements, against 35 in the previous version), especially in the fields of:
- DRDs have been defined to specify the content of expected documents (no DRD was defined in the previous version).
This Standard cancelled and replaced ECSS-M-60A (19 April 1996).