This Handbook establishes guidelines to ensure a reliable design, manufacturing and testing of high voltage electronic equipment and covers:
of equipment generating, carrying or consuming high voltage, like: high voltage power conditioner, high voltage distribution (cables and connectors).
This Handbook is dedicated to all parties involved at all levels in the realization of space segment hardware and its interface with high voltage for which ECSS-E-ST-20C is applicable.
This handbook sets out to:
- summarize most relevant aspects and data of high voltage insulation
- provide design guidelines for high voltage insulation
- provide design guidelines for high voltage electronic equipment
- give an overview of appropriate high voltage test methods
- establish a set of recommendations for generation design and verification rules and methods
- provide best practices
Applicability is mainly focused on power conditioning equipment but may be also applicable for all other high voltage electric and electronic power equipment used on space missions, except items of experimental nature.
Md5 checksum .doc file = AF3123ED1D723161CD5BE64569EF8E9C
Md5 checksum .pdf file = FEA125E707E80A766B4348582EA62166
This handbook supports following ECSS Standard: ECSS-E-ST-20C (31 July 2008)