This Technical Memorandum specifies the semantics of the data needed to support the engineering processes as specified in ECSS standards, thereby enabling the concept of a space system data repository to capture all engineering data produced during the complete space system lifecycle.
The objective of this Technical Memorandum is to define a mechanism whereby engineering data can be reliably and efficiently exchanged:
- Between all suppliers and customers involved;
- Between all engineering disciplines;
- At all levels of space system decomposition;
- Within and across all space system life cycle phases.
For this purpose, the Technical Memorandum provides the following:
- A conceptual data model which specifies the semantics of the relevant data;
- Requirements on the individual components of the space system data repository;
- Requirements on the integrated space system data repository.
This Technical Memorandum supports following ECSS Standard: ECSS-E-ST-10C (6 March 2009).