In general terms, the scope of the consolidation of LCLs power distribution interface requirements in the ECSS-E-ST-20-20 and the relevant explanation in the present handbook is to allow a more recurrent approach for the specific designs offered by power unit manufacturers, at the benefit of the system integrators and of the Agency, thus ensuring:
- better quality,
- stability of performances, and
- independence of the products from specific mission targets.
A recurrent approach enables power distribution manufacturing companies to concentrate on products and a small step improvement approach that is the basis of a high quality industrial output.
In particular, the scope of the present handbook is:
- to explain the principles of operation of power distribution based on LCLs,
- to identify important issues related to LCLs, and
- to give some explanations of the requirements set up in the ECSS-E-ST-20-20 for power distribution based on LCLs, for both source and load sides.
This handbook supports ECSS-E-ST-20-20C (15 April 2016) “Space engineering – Electrical design and interface requirements for power supply”
Md5 checksum .docx file = 4825DBAF869EA2247D3843B8E8A4FDD4E
Md5 checksum .pdf file = 58EC0850136321CBDA9BC8F46873425D