test in which the life time requirement is verified in an accelerated way by intensifying one parameter of the environment or load.
NOTE The following are examples of accelerated tests:
- UV test done with increased sun intensity in the UV part of the spectrum,
- Electron and proton radiation tests with life time fluences in a limited period of time,
- humidity tests done at higher temperature and humidity,
- bake-out done at higher temperature,
- performance parameter degradation at higher temperature,
- thermal cycling with higher/lower cool-down and heat-up rates and without nominal operating dwell time in between.