This Standard has been superseded by ECSS-E-20-01A Rev.1 (1 March 2013).
This standard defines the requirements and recommendations for the design and test of RF components and equipment to achieve acceptable performance with respect to multipaction-free operation in service in space. The standard includes:
- verification planning requirements,
- definition of a route to conform to the requirements,
- design and test margin requirements,
- design and test requirements, and
- informative annexes that provide guidelines on the design and test processes.
This standard is intended to result in the effective design and verification of the multipaction performance of the equipment and consequently in a high confidence in achieving successful product operation.
This standard covers multipaction events occurring in all classes of RF satellite components and equipment at all frequency bands of interest. Operation in single carrier CW and pulse modulated mode are included, as well as multi-carrier operations. This standard does not include breakdown processes caused by collisional processes, such as plasma formation.
This standard is applicable to all space missions.
Update: 11 April 2006: