This Standard has been cancelled and replaced by ECSS-Q-ST-80C (6 March 2009).
This Standard defines a set of software product assurance requirements to be used for the development and maintenance of software for space systems. Space systems include manned and unmanned spacecraft, launchers, payloads, experiments and their associated ground equipment and facilities. Software includes the software component of firmware.
This Standard also applies to the development of non-deliverable software which affects the quality of the deliverable product or service provided by a space system, if the service is implemented by software.
This Standard supplements ECSS-Q-00 -Product assurance and ECSS-Q-20 -Quality assurance, and it has interfaces with:
– ECSS-M-00 Space project management – Project management
– ECSS-M-30 Space project management – Project phasing and planning
– ECSS-M-40 Space project management – Configuration management
– ECSS-M-50 Space project management – Information/documentation management
– ECSS-Q-30 Space product assurance – Dependability
– ECSS-Q-40 Space product assurance – Safety
– ECSS-E-40 Space engineering – Software
This Standard cancels and replaces ECSS-Q-80A (19 April 1996).