This Standard is cancelled and replaced by ECSS-Q-ST-30C Rev.1 (15 February 2017)
This Standard defines the dependability assurance programme and the dependability requirements for space systems.
Dependability assurance is a continuous and iterative process throughout the project life cycle.
The ECSS dependability policy for space projects is applied by implementing a dependability assurance programme, which comprises:
- identification of all technical risks with respect to functional needs which can lead to non-compliance with dependability requirements,
- application of analysis and design methods to ensure that dependability targets are met,
- optimization of the overall cost and schedule by making sure that:
- design rules, dependability analyses and risk reducing actions are tailored with respect to an appropriate severity categorisation,
- risks reducing actions are implemented continuously since the early phase of a project and especially during the design phase.
- inputs to serial production activities.
The dependability requirements for functions implemented in software, and the interaction between hardware and software, are identified in this Standard.
NOTE 1 The requirements for the product assurance of software are defined in ECSS-Q-ST-80.
NOTE 2 The dependability assurance programme supports the project risk management process as described in ECSS-M-ST-80.
This Standard applies to all European space projects. The provisions of this document apply to all project phases.
This standard may be tailored for the specific characteristic and constrains of a space project in conformance with ECSS-S-ST-00.
Md5 checksum .doc file = F68C280E87E92C9390D8610754A1E8C8
Md5 checksum .pdf file = 0749B3D5B827C21BE31165D164465039
This Standard cancels and replaces ECSS-Q-30B (8 March 2002), and ECSS-Q-30-01A (31 March 2005).
This standard is supported by the following ECSS Handbooks:
- ECSS-Q-HB-30-01A – Worst case analysis (14January 2011)
- ECSS-Q-HB-30-03A – Human dependability handbook (14 July 2015)
- ECSS-Q-HB-30-08A – Components reliability data sources and their use (14 January 2011)