This Standard also specifies the documentation requirements and the procedures relevant to obtaining approval for the use of materials, mechanical parts and processes in the fabrication of space systems and associated equipment.
This Standard covers the following:
- management, including organization, reviews, acceptance status and documentation control;
- selection criteria and rules;
- evaluation, validation and qualification, or verification testing;
- procurement and receiving inspection;
- utilization criteria and rules.
The relationship between activities and programme phases is defined in Annex E.
The provisions of this Standard apply to all actors involved at all levels in the production of space systems. These can include manned and unmanned spacecraft, launchers, satellites, payloads, experiments, electrical ground support equipment, mechanical ground support equipment, and their corresponding organizations.
Md5 checksum .doc file = 355CC001F60A792AA9D061B6E50E16D7
Md5 checksum .pdf file = C5C96625D44A49D2411DE4BE23C28FFF
This Standard cancels and replaces ECSS-Q-ST-70C (6 March 2009).
This standard is supported by ECSS Technical Memorandum: ECSS-Q-TM-70-51A – Termination of optical fibers (16 April 2010).