The objective of interface management is to achieve functional and physical compatibility amongst all interrelated items in the product tree. The goal of this standard is to define a common and systematic process to meet the objective. This standard describes a standard process and methodology for interface management throughout the life cycle, in terms of identification, requirements specification, definition, approval and control, implementation, verification and validation of interfaces, within a space program or project and in accordance with the other relevant ECSS standards. In line with the definition of the Space System breakdown in Figure 2-1 of ECSS-S-ST-00-01, this standard is applicable to the following interfaces, where a contractual relationship exist among parties:
- within the Space Segment
- within the Ground Segment
- between the Space Segment and the Ground Segment
- between Space Segment and Launch Segment only for ICD aspects in conformance to the launcher user manual.
This standard does not ensure that all the specificities of interfaces within the Launch Segment are covered.
This standard is applicable to development of products at all different levels in the product tree. It is applicable to both the customer and the supplier of the product during all project phases (O to F) and follows the generic ECSS customer/supplier pattern.
This standard may be tailored for the specific characteristics and constraints of a space project in conformance with ECSS-S-ST-00.
Md5 checksum .doc file = 41E1C4F74E9CC0870E7F822F62F8C090
Md5 checksum .pdf file = 359B0AC8847B7D88B5F20B925B0201E4
DRDs of this standard:
- ECSS-E-ST-10-24C(1June2015)AnnexA_Interface Requirements Document (IRD)
- ECSS-E-ST-10-24C(1June2015)AnnexB_Interface Control Document (ICD)
- ECSS-E-ST-10-24C(1June2015)AnnexC_Interface Definition Document (IDD) or Single-end Interface Control Document
- ECSS-E-ST-10-24C(1June2015)AnnexD_Interface Identification Document (IID)