This Standard specifies:
- Requirements for the following crimping wire connections intended for high reliability electrical connections for use on spacecraft and associated equipment operating under high vacuum, thermal cycling and launch vibration:
- removable contacts, single wire
- removable contacts, multiple wires
- coaxial contacts, ferrules
- lugs and splices.
NOTE These are the most commonly used crimping wire connections and are represented in Figure 1-1.
- The general conditions to be met for the approval of connections other than the above mentioned ones.
NOTE Additional forms of crimps, not covered in this standard, are listed (not exhaustively) in the informative Annex A.
- Product assurance provisions for both the specific and the generic connections mentioned above.
- Training and certification requirements for operators and inspectors (clause 5.5.2), additional to those specified in ECSS‑Q‑ST-20.
This standard may be tailored for the specific characteristics and constraints of a space project, in conformance with ECSS-S-ST-00.
Md5 checksum .docx file = 5B329DD339A907A45E15965D4B0784AB
Md5 checksum .pdf file = A2133E9C9AD77DEA58BB2A7D42784F60
This standard cancels and replaces ECSS-Q-70-26C (31 July 2008).