This standard has been superseded by ECSS-Q-ST-70-05C Rev.1 (15 October 2019)
This Standard defines test requirements for detecting organic contamination on surfaces using direct and indirect methods with the aid of infrared spectroscopy.
The Standard applies to controlling and detecting organic contamination on all manned and unmanned spacecraft, launchers, payloads, experiments, terrestrial vacuum test facilities, and cleanrooms.
The following test methods are covered:
- Direct sampling of contaminants
- Indirect sampling of contaminants by washing and wiping
Several informative annexes are included to give guidelines to the following subjects:
- Qualitative and quantitative interpretation of spectral data
- Calibration of infrared equipment
- Training of operators
- Use of molecular witness plates
- Collecting molecular contamination
- Contact test to measure the contamination transfer of materials
- Immersion test to measure the extractable contamination potential of materials
- Selection criteria for test equipment
This standard may be tailored for the specific characteristics and constraints of space project in conformance with ECSS-S-ST-00.
Md5 checksum .doc file = 42E5C1FDD6C9AE7D603B4034FA57B428
Md5 checksum .pdf file = 3A64FC64DFBCD23C9DC34E7E60D1E4EA
This Standard cancels and replaces ECSS-Q-70-05A (31 August 2005).