This Standard defines test requirements for detecting organic contamination on surfaces using direct and indirect methods with the aid of infrared spectroscopy.
The Standard applies to controlling and detecting organic contamination on all manned and unmanned spacecraft, launchers, payloads, experiments, terrestrial vacuum test facilities, and cleanrooms.
The following test methods are covered:
- Direct sampling of contaminants
- Indirect sampling of contaminants by washing and wiping
Several informative annexes are included to give guidelines to the following subjects:
- Qualitative and quantitative interpretation of spectral data
- Calibration of infrared equipment
- Training of operators
- Use of molecular witness plates
- Collecting molecular contamination
- Contact test to measure the contamination transfer of materials
- Immersion test to measure the extractable contamination potential of materials
- Selection criteria for test equipment
This standard may be tailored for the specific characteristics and constraints of space project in conformance with ECSS-S-ST-00.
Md5 checksum .docx file = 5F02E8B6E326B6CFD5D6160853DA9F53
Md5 checksum .pdf file = 7874D0B85388ED01415E98417006F48B
DRD of this standard:
This Standard cancels and replaces ECSS-Q-ST-70-05C (6 March 2009)