The scope of the document addresses the generic verification for all types of adhesive bonding for space applications including evaluation phases. This standard covers all aspects of the adhesive bonding lifetime such as assembly, integration and testing, on-ground acceptance testing, storage, transport, pre-launch, launch and in-flight environments.
This standard does not cover requirements for:
- Adhesive bonding used in EEE mounting on printed circuit boards (for this subject see ECSS-Q-ST-70-61)
- Adhesive bonding used in hybrid manufacturing (for this subject see ESCC 2566000)
- Adhesive bonding for cover-glass on solar cell assemblies (for this subject see ECSS-E-ST-20-08)
- Design of adhesive joints (for this subject see ECSS-E-ST-32)
- Long term storage and long term storage sample testing
- Performance of adhesive bonds
- Functional properties of adhesive joints
- Co-curing processes
- Life-time aging prediction, neither on ground (humidity) nor in-orbit (thermal cycling)
This standard may be tailored for the specific characteristics and constrains of a space project in conformance with ECSS-S-ST-00.
Md5 checksum .pdf file = DEAE3DC30453E9D839041947F00031FF
Md5 checksum .docx file = D2B7EF71DB59DC912C91080BE1C90F5C