This Standard defines a set of software product assurance requirements to be used for the development and maintenance of software for space systems. Space systems include manned and unmanned spacecraft, launchers, payloads, experiments and their associated ground equipment and facilities. Software includes the software component of firmware.
This Standard also applies to the development or reuse of nondeliverable software which affects the quality of the deliverable product or service provided by a space system, if the service is implemented by software.
ECSS-Q-ST-80 interfaces with space engineering and management, which are addressed in the Engineering (-E) and Management (-M) branches of the ECSS System, and explains how they relate to the software product assurance processes.
Md5 checksum .docx file = B08FB6C0AEB83CBE4D666D023D850AC2
MB5 checksum .pdf file = 0E6DB46CFB0AC09247598AA6F51E3C13
This standard is supported by the following ECSS Handbooks:
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-01A – Reuse of existing software (5 December 2011)
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-02 Part 1A – Software process assessment and improvement – Part 1: Framework (8 October 2010)
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-02 Part 2A – Software process assessment and improvement – Part 2: Assessor instrument (8 October 2010)
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-03A – Software dependability and safety (26 January 2012) –>NOTE: Updated HB planned for 2017
- ECSS-Q-HB-80-04A – Software metrication programme definition and implementation (30 March 2011)