In general terms, the scope of the consolidation of the electrical interface requirements for electrical actuators in the ECSS-E-ST-20-21 and the relevant explanation in the present handbook is to allow a more recurrent approach both for actuator electronics (power source) and electrical actuators (power load) offered by the relevant manufacturers, at the benefit of the system integrators and of the European space agencies, thus ensuring:
- Better quality
- Stability of performances
- Independence of the products from specific mission targets.
A recurrent approach enables manufacturing companies to concentrate on products and a small step improvement approach that is the basis of a high quality industrial output.
In particular, the scope of the present handbook is:
- To explain the type of actuators, the principles of operation and the typical configuration of the relevant actuator electronics,
- To identify important issues relevant to electrical actuators interfaces, and
- To give some explanations of the requirements set up in the ECSS-E-ST-20-21.
Md5 checksum .docx file = 98527CAC070407109704DB6C6AB857A7
Md5 checksum .pdf file = FF72F3DDA4E3E2D272ED62B2BD97FD81
This handbook supports ECSS-E-ST-20-21C “Electrical design and interface requirements for actuators” (15 May 2019).