This Standard defines the technical requirements and quality assurance provisions for the manufacture and verification of high-reliability electronic circuits of surface mount, through hole, solderless assemblies and soldering of harness and wire interconnection.
The Standard defines workmanship requirements, the acceptance and rejection criteria for high-reliability assemblies intended to withstand ground testing conditions including LTS (long term storage) and the environment imposed by space flight and launchers.
The mounting and supporting of components, terminals and conductors specified in this standard applies only to assemblies designed to continuously operate over the mission within the temperature limits of -55 °C to +85 °C at solder joint level.
Requirements related to printed circuit boards are contained in ECSS-Q-ST-70-60 and ECSS-Q-ST-70-12.
This standard does not cover lead-free soldering and associated requirements.
This Standard does not cover the qualification and acceptance of the EQM and FM equipment with high-reliability electronic circuits of surface mount, through hole and solderless assemblies.
This Standard does not cover verification of thermal properties for component assembly.
This Standard does not cover pressfit connectors due to the possible damage in the PCB that is not evaluated within this test requirement.
The qualification and acceptance tests of equipment manufactured in accordance with this Standard are covered by ECSS-E-ST-10-03.
This standard may be tailored for the specific characteristics and constraints of a space project, in accordance with ECSS-S-ST-00.
NOTE: Be informed that the small number above each normative provision in the published standard, is the unique requirement number of the respective DOORS module.
Md5 checksum .pdf file: E7F5293BAF9CB3323B03D35222700524
Md5 checksum .docx file: 1EA36F9C42661BDC62DDD857965E0794
DRDs of this standard:
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-61C(8April2022)_AnnexA_(Verification programme – DRD)
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-61C(8April2022)_AnnexB_(Verification report – DRD)
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-61C(8April2022)_AnnexC_(PID – DRD)
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-61C(8April2022)_AnnexD_(Assembly Summary Table – DRD)
This standard cancels and supersedes the following three ECSS Standards:
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-07C “Verification and approval of automatic machine wave soldering” (16 April 2010)
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-08C “Manual soldering of high-reliability electrical connections” (6 March 2009)
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C Rev.1 Corr. 1“High-reliability soldering for surface-mount and mixed technology” (12 September 2018)